21: Interview with Cory Goodrich (Pt 2)
Being able to interview Cory Goodrich a second time (click here to listen to our first interview), this time doing a deeper dive into the writing of Folksong: A Ballad of Death, Discovery, and DNA, was a gift that's I just know is going to keep on giving.
An actor, painter, singer, songwriter, and all-around creative person, it shocked me to no end to hear that Cory didn't consider herself a "writer" and, in fact, didn't initially write with the intention of publishing a book.
And yet, maybe this is precisely how it was all meant to come together.
In this insightful episode, Cory shares:
- What surprised her the most while writing Folksong (I can almost guarantee you’re going to identify with this)
- How much the writing helped her to process her grief and grow her trust that her story will help others
- How she worked through not identifying as a “writer”
- Her relaxed perspective on book marketing (and who she wants to play her in the screen adaptation)
- Her overall goal as a creator (it’s not “selling”)
- How she deals with disappointment as a creative
- The biggest lesson she learned from writing this book
- An offered shift in perspective on having gratitude for “bad” things that happen in our lives
I can't wait to hear your takeaways from this episode!