In the second of 4 segments of my initial conversation with Markiss Stone about race, social injustice, and the current state of our country.
In this episode, we touched upon:
- Why we NEED to see race
- The difference between overt and covert racism (plus, which is more hurtful short- and long-term)
- Why "I understand what you're saying BUT..." is one of the most ineffective ways to respond to someone when it comes to truly moving our individual and collective understanding forward.
- Why "All Lives Matter" and "Black Lives Matter" are two entirely different statements.
- Why "Talking to the right people at the right time" has such profound impact when it comes to having the tough conversations.
- How to assess whether there is a demand for your book (aka "Will anyone want to read it?")
- Why the notion that you aren't a writer doesn't matter. At all.
- How to manage your fears that someone might judge or criticize your book/story
- Exactly how to start (or keep going if you're suffering from the dreaded "writer's block")
In Just 50 Minutes, You Will Discover: