"Publish A Profitable Book changed the course of my career. I signed up 3 years ago and now have 9 published books that can stand on a shelf with any NYT bestseller. The course provides all you need to publish successfully and professionally, along with unbelievable support (which is almost impossible to find these days). Elizabeth has become my favourite person in the industry."
...but haven't published it yet?
I bet that one of your major roadblocks is simply not knowing where to start...
what to do next...
and what to do after that.
You need someone who knows EXACTLY what to do (because she's done it—dozens of times) and can walk you step-by-step to being a published author, positioned to use your increased authority to grow your brand and expand your impact.
Perhaps you're concerned that, with everything else you have going on, your momentum will slowly dwindle to the speed of molasses in a midwestern winter.
Hi there! I'm Elizabeth. I published my first book, Ready or Not...Here We Come! The REAL Experts' Guide to the First Year with Twins, in 2002. It was, to say the least, an overwhelming journey. I spent years in perpetual "figure it out" mode.
I tweaked. I pivoted. I even restarted altogether on a few occasions.
I went from having no idea how to publish a book to selling 55,000+ books (before the existence of social media). I didn't realize how much of a success that was until I heard from literary agents that most of their clients—who were published by traditional publishing houses—rarely sold anywhere near that number.
I realized that my adventures learning to navigate the book publishing industry combined with my love of coaching and connecting with others had put me in a position to help others identify the primary goal of their own book project---and then reach it.
...I've gained valuable insights that consistently save new authors time and money (not to mention sanity).
I now work one-on-one with clients to help them get their books written, edited, published, and launched, and I've packaged all of my steps into courses so that I can help anyone with a story do the same via the shortest path possible.
From community and corporate keynotes to corporate and personal consulting to lucrative product partnerships, being a published author has opened more personal and professional doors than I ever imagined possible.
Receiving thoughtful emails from readers admitting they laughed their way through a particular chapter or thanking me for reminding them that they aren't the only one who feels like giving up or eating an entire carton of ice cream in one sitting never ceases to remind me that each of our stories benefits someone else—and that fact alone makes them ALL worth telling.
Through Publish A Profitable Book, anyone with a message or story can finally get out of their own way so they can turn that story into a published book. The course will perfectly position you launch your book in order to open new, exciting doors and impact others.
The PPB course shares with you the EXACT process I use to publish my one-on-one clients' books
Long-term success as a published author ultimately relies upon one having released a high-quality product and having created a strong foundation for their unique book.
This module solidly sets you up for long-term success by showing you how to (for starters):
- Determine who your reader IS NOT (which is as important as knowing who your reader IS)
- Properly consider your book's title (you're probably wasting time stressing over beliefs about titles that aren't true)
Module 2 explores:
- The various types of editing (including the one that's non-negotiable)
- How to properly interview prospective editors
- The correct way to format your manuscript before sending it to the editor
- What to expect in terms of editing rates and contracts
Wondering whether to establish your publishing house as a sole proprietor? (Hint: don't.) Overwhelmed by the prospect of setting up a legal entity? Take a deep breath. Module 3 walks you through:
- How (and why) to formally establish your publishing company
- Developing publishing house branding such as logo
- Properly setting up your bank account
- Tracking relevant income and expenses without needing to hire an expensive accountant
This module takes all the guesswork out of the elusive ISBN (International Standard Book Number), clarifying:
- What is an ISBN?
- Who needs an ISBN?
- How do you acquire an ISBN (the right way, from the right people)
- What you do with an ISBN once you've purchased it
- Why do you need more than one ISBN per title?
- The latest information and advice on ISBNs for eBooks
Small details tend to get lost, but they also cause the greatest headaches if forgotten or not addressed properly from the get-go. Module 5 explores topics including:
- How to copyright your manuscript for less than $5
- How to setup a website (without spending a fortune)
- The TWO domain names you should register immediately
- Effectively gathering testimonials and endorsements
- How to perfectly price your paperback and eBook
Module 6 simplifies your book promotion strategy by helping you:
- Identify the best social media platforms for YOUR book promotion
- Develop a streamlined, scalable strategy
- Avoid absolute don'ts when it comes to social media book promotion
In Module 7, you'll discover:
- Cover design do's and (absolute) don'ts
- How to find a phenomenal cover designer (without breaking the bank)
- How to write compelling back cover copy that will have prospective readers quickly putting your book in their shopping cart
- Where to create amazing (and inexpensive) book cover mockups to use in your promotions
Module 8 dives deep into the book printing and distribution process by:
- Explaining the differences between a publisher and a printer
- Exploring the pros (and cons) of the Amazon and bookstore distribution processes
- Exploring the differences between KDP (Amazon) and IngramSpark (including when to use both)
Module 9 prepares you to format the manuscript so that it prints properly (the first time). You will:
- Discover what you need to know about Amazon's print requirements
- Learn how to format the manuscript for print and eBook
- Learn how to efficiently and cost-effectively outsource this task (which I highly recommend)
Module 10 will show you exactly how to:-
- Upload your paperback and eBook to Amazon's publishing platform (KDP)
- Write and format a compelling book description in order that will perfectly attract your ideal readers
- Select the proper categories into which to place your book (and the "secret" way to add additional categories after the fact)
- How to submit changes down the line, should you need to (if you're like me, uncaught typos will drive you crazy until the end of time. Luckily, there's a fix for that).
Module 11 wraps up the course and lays out all bonus resources.
"Elizabeth has the ability to turn words into art. More importantly, she has a passion of sharing her knowledge of how to publish a profitable book, and if you have the chance to work with her one-on-one or through one of her courses, I highly recommend it! She's one of the most authentic people I know."
"Elizabeth is the most knowledgeable person I know when it comes to indie publishing. I highly recommend her!"
"Without Elizabeth's support and guidance, I wouldn't have gotten my children's books finished or published. She is a remarkable source of information and direction."
Participants have LIFETIME ACCESS to the course and the engaged and supportive Facebook community as well as all yet-to-be-released content and bonuses.
11 Online Course Modules
Lifetime Access to Engaged, Supportive Facebook Community
PER MONTH FOR 6 MONTHS
11 Online Course Modules
Lifetime Access to Engaged, Supportive Facebook Community
The beauty of PPB is that the timing is yours to determine. Some participants carve out an hour per day, some plan for a 3-hour stint each week, and some do a Netflix-style binge right from the get-go.
The beauty of unlimited, lifetime access is that you can work at a pace and on a schedule that's perfect for YOUR lifestyle. And, should something unexpected come up (and it almost always does), there's no worry about falling behind. When things settle down, you can jump back in and pick up right where you left off.
Your lifetime access grants you just that---lifetime access to all course modules, bonuses, resources and the members-only Facebook group. This includes all updates, upgrades and new features added (for not a penny more!).
One of the best aspects of PPB is that, through the private Facebook members-only group, a network of like-minded, supportive authors and entrepreneurs are ready and waiting to encourage you, motivate you, answer your questions and/or talk you down off a ledge (of the writing or publishing variety at least). We've recently begun scheduling weekly Zoom chats for course members, where we all hop into a virtual conference room (Elizabeth included) and talk specifics. We're here for you every step of the way!
You'll also receive Members Only emails to equip you with marketing strategies, distribution approaches, success stories and, of course, any course upgrades or updates so that you know exactly where to find them each time you login!
That's a great (and valid) question! It's no fun to get what seems like a great deal on, say, a computer, only to find out that you need to buy the required screen and hard drive separately.
Beyond your investment in the course, I recommend that you hire a professional editor, cover designer and interior formatter. I've vetted the best resources to help you with this at the fairest prices, and I share all of those resources (including the special pricing I've negotiated with several of them) within the course.
That said, your total outlay for a high-quality published book will easily cost several thousand dollars less than it would if you hired a firm or publishing group to do the work for you.
We're so confident that Publish A Profitable Book can get you from "I wrote a book" to "I'm a published author" that we offer a 14-day money-back guarantee.
This guarantee is meant to support participants who TRULY aren't the right fit for the course, not support buyer's remorse. Therefore, if you determine that PPB won't work for you, simply contact us, let us know why, and show us the work you've done in at least the first three modules. If we are unable to identify a solution for the challenge you're having, we'll be happy to issue a refund.